Suzann M. Woodward, CPA, provides the following services:
As a client centered accounting firm Suzann M. Woodward, CPA offers a wide range of services to her neighbors in the Texas Hill Country and in a variety of states. Focusing on helping our clients financial futures to be strong and healthy, we guide them through the complexities of a variety of financial avenues to make wise and informed decisions.
Call us today and let us help you raise the bar on your business and personal financial future. (830) 249-4159
Tax Preparation & Planning
We work directly with our clients to understand their profit and non-profit businesses in order to provide them with the optimal tax return results. We know planning is the key to reducing tax liability. At Suzann M. Woodward, CPA, we partner with you to go beyond tax compliance by providing proactive year-round tax strategies to maximize your after-tax income. Our team prides itself on being proactive in its tax analysis strategies, application of the tax laws, and emphasis on tax saving strategies.
We are experienced at preparing:
- Individual Taxes
- Business Taxes
- Non-Profit Taxes
- Estate & Trust Taxes
Our tax services are more than just completing your tax returns at the end of the year. Our tax professionals focus on your needs to help you see beyond the numbers and reach your personal, business, and non-profit goals.
Financial & Cost Management
Financial and cost management integrates resource allocations, process integration, monitoring and controls, and reporting. The staff at Suzann M. Woodward, CPA, develops practical, timely, best-value solutions to solve financial and cost management challenges for organizations and companies. Financial managers face complex business issues; we try to provide them with information regarding financial and cost implications to allow them to make the best possible choices for their company.
The type of business entity you choose will depend on three primary factors: liability, taxation, and record-keeping. Let Suzann M. Woodward, CPA, help you make that important decision on the business structure that will shape your company’s future. Here's a quick look at the differences between the most common forms of business entities:
- A sole proprietorship is the most common form of business organization. It's easy to form and offers complete managerial control to the owner. However, the owner is also personally liable for all financial obligations of the business.
- A partnership involves two or more people who agree to share in the profits or losses of a business. A primary advantage is that the partnership does not bear the tax burden of profits or the benefit of losses; profits or losses are "passed through" to partners to report on their individual income tax returns. A primary disadvantage is liability; each partner is personally liable for the financial obligations of the business.
- A corporation is a legal entity that is created to conduct business. The corporation becomes an entity, separate from those who founded it, that handles the responsibilities of the organization. Like a person, the corporation can be taxed and can be held legally liable for its actions. The corporation can also make a profit. The key benefit of corporate status is the avoidance of personal liability. The primary disadvantage is the cost to form a corporation and the extensive record-keeping that's required. While double taxation is sometimes mentioned as a drawback to incorporation, the S corporation (or Subchapter corporation, a popular variation of the regular C corporation) avoids this situation by allowing income or losses to be passed through on individual tax returns, similar to a partnership.
- A hybrid form of partnership, the limited liability company (LLC) , is gaining in popularity because it allows owners to take advantage of the benefits of both the corporation and partnership forms of business. The advantages of this business format are that profits and losses can be passed through to owners without taxation of the business itself while owners are shielded from personal liability.
Retirement & Estate Planning
Every estate planning situation is different. In order to help you, we want to know you and your unique situation and relationships. We will discuss your options and make recommendations to make your planning simple, efficient and worry-free.
We are available throughout the process for further discussion regarding questions, changes in circumstances, and alternatives. At every step, we'll be there with you. We are available to review the trusts, wills, and all your other estate planning documents. At Suzann M. Woodward, CPA, we want to be sure your documents are in compliance with current tax laws and your current desires. We can assist you, your trustee, or a personal representative through:
- Estate & Trust Tax Preparation
- Gift Tax Return Preparation
- Gift Tax Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Succession Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Family Limited Partnerships
The hassles and red tape associated with estate planning can be daunting, but you don't need to do it alone. Our team is waiting to assist you through every step of the process.
Non-Profit Tax Services
We prepare tax returns for non-profit organizations each year. We understand the unique operational and financial challenges faced by non-profits. We have a strong commitment to the non-profit community. This allows Suzann M. Woodward, CPA, to offer nonprofits the most value and the best service in the market place today.
The privilege of tax exemption for non-profits requires strict adherence to laws, regulations, and special requirements at the Federal, state, and local levels. Thus in many cases, the tax considerations and the tax return of the nonprofit organization are more complex than those of for-profit entities. Let the staff at Suzann M. Woodward, CPA, guide you through the complexity of your non-profit tax needs.
Our Tax Services for Non-Profits include:
- Preparing Form 1023 applications for tax-exempt status
- Obtaining state exemption for your non-profit
- Review of your by-laws
- Preparing Forms 990, 990-EZ, and 990-N
We provide tax and consulting services to all types of non-profits including 501(c)2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 501(c)10s.
The non-profits we work with include:
- Churches and Religious Organizations
- Civic Associations
- Charitable Organizations
- Healthcare Organizations
QuickBooks Consulting & Payroll Processing
QuickBooks is the ideal business accounting system for start-ups or established businesses and non-profits who rely on accurate financial information in order to maintain cash flow and capitalize on new opportunities. Businesses save time on bookkeeping and paperwork because many simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically, making it easier to operate your non-profit or business. We serve over 100 clients that are using QuickBooks.
We also provide outsourcing of your bookkeeping and accounting. We can provide these accounting services for a monthly, quarterly, or annual period. This is a great benefit for professionals and small businesses that do not want to hire an in-house bookkeeper.
We can prepare your payroll and take care of the entire payroll process for you. We prepare your checks and direct deposits. We handle the state tax reporting, as well as EFTPS tax deposits and provide you with easy-to-understand payroll tax reports, including W-2, W-3, and 1099 forms. We take the worry out of payroll for you.
- QuickBooks Setup
- Payroll Services
- Accounting System Setup and Support